Apparently, there are still people that believe prefinished timbers are somehow second rate to solid timber. This is so not the case. The higher quality available now compared to just ten years ago is amazing. Depending on your current living situation, if it’s a new or existing home, time, your finances and your taste, a prefinished floor might just be the perfect solution for you.
Here is a list of reasons why these prefinished options are so good.
- Easy to clean
- Water resistant
- Cost effective
- Lots of designs and colours
- Floated for easy DIY
- Various underlays available for your comfort and soundproofing requirements, with 5mm acoustic underlay recommended for apartment living. It’s made out of recycled tyres!
Laminates are suitable if you are looking for a cost effective alternative solution. Laminate is quite durable and can be used commercially and is very popular amongst rental properties. Installed with a high quality underlay, the “hollow” sound associated with Laminates is no more.
- Tough and durable- wont scratch and scuff easily
- Fast growing and renewable resource, for the carbon footprint minded
- Quick to install
- Many colours to choose from
- Great for kids and pets
- Easy for DIY
Bamboo flooring is suitable if you are looking for a highly durable, environmentally friendly timber. Bamboo is the perfect flooring for kids and pets and rentals. Due to its density, Compressed Bamboo is only floated but we also have a range of Engineered Bamboos that are designed to be installed direct stick.
- Can be installed direct stick or floating method
- Options available to install raw then sanded and polished
- More stable with moisture than solid timber
- Comes in stained colours-considerably cheaper than solid timber stained
- Usually comes in wide boards
- 1 Strip and 3 Strip Boards available
- So quick to install
Engineered flooring is suitable if you are looking for a stable solid timber alternative. It can be sanded and polished a number of times and comes in a variety of timbers and stained colours. Oaks are very popular for the Wide Board modern feel.
As we go to print…
Mark and Jason started installing 95m2 of a beautiful wide board Blonde French Oak Prefinished timber into all the living areas of an existing home on Monday, two days ago. Tomorrow night, the family will be watching TV in their lounge room with all their furniture returned to its place. This all happened in four days.